Have You Started Planning Your Social Media Content For 2021?
As we’re heading to the end of 2020 I’m sure you’ll now be well on your way to planning your social media content for next year.
Are you stressing over what you’ll post on your social media?
Are you worried you won’t have time to get it done?
Maybe creating social media content is not a job you like doing?
Building An Online Presence
Supporting my clients I help them build an online presence. To do this you need to show up and be consistent. The best thing is to plan ahead. It’s great to be spontaneous, however I’d suggest putting some time aside and plan at least a month’s worth of social media content at a time.
Don’t worry if you think your posts aren’t great. Don’t compare yourself to others and just keep going. You’ll eventually get the hang of it and people like to see your personality. And remember don’t just sell. People buy from people. Follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of engaging content and only 20% of self promotion.
Social Media Content Ideas
So if you’re struggling for ideas, here are some things to consider when putting together your social media calendar:
- Consider what your key messages are and build original content around them
- Share your testimonials and show your expertise. Make sure they are on your social media profiles too!
- Add value by sharing some industry news, or a case study. Give helpful tips, share a motivational quote or you could even share a freebie download
- Engage with your audience by asking questions, do a poll or ask for some feedback, share a blog or a your latest video
- Provide market stats or some knowledge in your area of expertise
- Go off topic and get personal. People like to know who you are. Share some information about your personal life e.g. what you get up to in your spare time. You never know you might find a new friend with the same interests!
Developing A Social Media Content Plan
In summary, to help my clients I develop a social media content plan, generally a month at a time, which includes images, captions, hashtags and any relevant links and schedule these to go out at agreed times.
Keeping an eye on the performance of each platform enables them to measure which platforms are working best and which content produces the best results.
I don’t believe in engaging with a client’s audience as your audience is your audience and no one knows them as well as YOU. Also no one knows your business like you. It’s easy to like and share or retweet posts for a client, but the most important aspect of social media is actually being social and you’re the best person for that job.
If you need help creating your social media content calendar get in touch. I’d be happy to help. You can call on 07841711975 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not follow me on social media?
Purple Violet Business Support –“giving you time to focus on with the important stuff”