Access to Work is financial support through a government-funded scheme supporting people with disabilities or health conditions in the workplace. It can help with a variety of costs, such as:
- Specialist equipment
- Travel expenses
- Support workers
- Communication support
The scheme is open to people of all ages who have a disability or health condition that affects their ability to work. It’s important to note that you don’t need to be employed to apply for Access to Work – you can also apply if you’re self-employed, starting a new job, or even considering starting your own business.
How Can Access To Work Support Entrepreneurs With Disabilities Or A Health Condition?
The financial support through Access to Work can help entrepreneurs with disabilities or health conditions in a number of ways. For example, it can help to:
- Pay for the cost of specialist equipment or software that you need to do your job
- Cover the cost of travel expenses, such as taxi fares or adapted transport
- Pay for the cost of a support worker to help you with tasks such as taking notes, managing your time, or organising your work
- Provide communication support, such as British Sign Language interpreters or lip speakers
Access to Work can also provide support to entrepreneurs with disabilities or health conditions who are starting new businesses. For example, it can help to pay for the cost of marketing and promotion, or for the cost of attending training courses.
How To Apply For Financial Support Through Access to Work
To apply you’ll need to complete an online form ** and provide evidence of your disability or health condition. You’ll also need to explain how your disability or health condition affects your ability to work and what support you need.
Once you’ve applied, your application will be assessed by a Jobcentre Plus Access to Work adviser. If your application is successful, you’ll be awarded a grant to cover the cost of the support you need.
If you’re an entrepreneur with a disability or a health condition I encourage you to find out more about Access to Work. It could be the financial support you need to start and grow your business.
- Access to Work is funded by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- The DWP will not ask you to repay your grant
- You can apply for Access to Work if you have a physical or mental disability or health condition that makes it difficult for you to do your job or get to work
- You can also apply if you are self-employed or starting a new business
You can find out more about Access to Work here or call them on 0800 121 7420.
**Completing forms can be overwhelming for many people, so if you’d like help with your application please get in touch I’m happy to do this for you for FREE!!
If you want to know more about how I can help please get in touch for a free no obligation chat. Email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
Purple Violet – “giving you time to focus on the important stuff”